You are struggling with type 2 diabetes or are close to it. There is a good chance that some simple dietary changes can reduce symptoms. Some of the causes that can be changed by yourself include obesity, little to no exercise, an unhealthy diet and smoking.
It’s not as if you have to live on bread and water, but small changes in diet can make a big difference. Here are some tips to reduce your risk of diabetes 2.
- Minder frisdrank en alcohol. Instead of soda or alcohol, try to have some water, tea or coffee. If you cannot resist it, try to stick to one glass.
- Exercise a little more. You don’t have to walk 5km every day, but a 30 minute walk around the block every day can make a big difference!
- Make sure you have breakfast
- Try to eat something every 3 hours so you avoid too large fluctuations in blood sugar.
- Make sure you have a well-balanced meal with a good balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Do not take too large portions of sugar at one time so you can avoid large fluctuations.
- Try to smoke a little less, no matter how hard this is. One or two fewer cigarettes a day can make all the difference.
Let it be clear that you should not deprive yourself of anything. Making small adjustments can already make a big difference. Of course, you also shouldn’t continue on the same footing since diabetes 2 can have nasty consequences. Of course, you also shouldn’t continue in the same way since diabetes 2 can have serious consequences. You probably already know yourself what is healthy and what is not. Of course, for additional support in this area, you can always contact your family doctor or a dietitian.